Happy 12-12-12!! Do you have any plans on celebrating today? I have a run later tonight but I’m not planning on making it a 12k or anything like that. I know, I’m boring…. I’m still getting over whatever crud I picked up over the weekend. I ran 5 miles last night and felt pretty good. I’m glad I didn’t stay sick long; thanks for all the well wishes!!
By now, I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of Holiday gift guides for runners. Each holiday list, like a fingerprint, is unique to the person who created it; influenced by their own styles, experiences, and wants. So, here is my list of top 10 things I would love to see under my tree or in my stocking. I may or may not set this post as my homepage for the next few weeks as a subtle hint to the hubs. 😉
10. Headbands ($) Specifically Sparkly Soul headbands. I have tried lots of different headbands but theses puppies are the only ones that actually stay put on my small head. Not only do they keep the flyaways out of your face, but they add a touch of sass with their sparkly fabric.
9. Handana ($) I fell in love with this product after reviewing it. It’s seriously genius and you can never have too many of them. It allows you to keep the sweat out of your eyes and off of your face with just one swipe of your hand.
8. Workout Gear ($$) This one should be a no brainer. You can never have too many moisture wicking tops and bottoms. And don’t get me started on sports bras and socks, those little pieces of fabric are expensive!
7. Fuel / Supplements ($ / $$) This is another one that adds up for runners. My favorite way to fuel with all natural Honey Stingers. On long runs during marathon training I could easily go through three gels and at $1+ the price adds up. Also included in this category is recovery drinks like Cytomax and protein supplements.
6. GPS Watch ($$$) I already have one (LOVE my Garmin Forerunner 110) of these but I would be totally remiss if I didn’t mention it. If you’re in the market for a really nice Christmas present and the runner in your life doesn’t have one of these, you will be the best present giver ever if you get one.
5. Massage Gift Certificates ($$) Who doesn’t love to be pampered? Runners especially need this with all of the wear and tear we put on our body. If you want to make it a romantic present, opt for a couples massage.
3. Running Shoes ($$$) A bit of fair warning about this one….Only buy shoes if you know exactly what type your runner prefers. Running shoes are unique to each runner so you can’t just pick any pair. If you have any doubt, opt for a gift card. I personally love my Asics Noosa Tris in a size 8 1/2. *cough cough*
2. Race Registration ($$ – $$$) I love this one! There are so many races runners want to register for, but if they’re anything like me, they have to pick and choose which ones to register for. Why not give them the gift of registering for a race that’s on their bucket list?
And the number one item?????
1. Gift Cards!! ($ – $$$) If all else fails, get your runner a gift card to their favorite running store so they can select their own wishlist items.
Question: What’s on your holiday wish list??