Alright, I know….I know…. It’s the day after my first marathon and you were expecting a recap post but after running the marathon yesterday morning and then celebrating my birthday last night, I knew I wasn’t even going to attempt to do a recap. I knew I would just want to soak in everything that just happened and then do a complete, not half-assed, recap later. Confession – I actually wrote this post before I left for the race. I really hope that I didn’t die on the course yesterday, that would be preeeeetty embarrassing.
My awesome weightlifting pal (yep, I said pal. I’m taken’ in old school!) Jennifer at Wine to Weightlifting nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Jen is actually one of my inspiring bloggie friends. She’s an awesome weightlifter chick who let’s me harass her about her
distaste budding love for running while encouraging me not to neglect my strength training.
This is an award that’s been circulating in the blogging community and allows people to recognize someone that’s inspired them. Aw, shucks, thank you Jen!! What I love about this ‘award’ is that it allows you to get to know me better through me listing a series of random things about myself. I enjoy randomness so it fits me.
1. I sleep walk. Like full-on, up and out of bed, sleep walking. I’ve done it since I was a small child and I guess I’ll do it the rest of my life. As I’ve gotten older, the sleep walking has turned more into interactive dreams (nightmares) where I think someone’s in the room or I’m being attacked by spiders. My poor husband.
2. I hate spiders….and cockroaches. I figured since I mentioned having nightmares about spiders, I might as well fess up to my hatred of them. Not many things can send me shrieking into another room like a little girl but spiders and cockroaches do. I think it’s something about the way they crunch. Yeeeiiiick.
3. I love tattoos and piercings. For some reason, this is a surprising fact for most people to find out. When I met my husband I had 11 total piercings and one very large tattoo. 9 years later I’ve paired the piercings to 3 and still have only one tattoo. Although secretly, I would love several more. One of the reasons I enjoyed having the piercings and tattoo was seeing people’s faces when they found out. “You don’t look like the type…” I’m not much for stereotypes so it was fun breaking people’s preconceived notions.
4. I don’t know how to handle free time. I’m your classic “I can do that girl.” You know the one that I’m talking about. The one that is always on the move (i.e. can’t sit still) and then gets stressed out because, surprise…she doesn’t have enough time.
5. I have an (at times) inappropriate sense of humor. Did you see the marathon sign I made for my husband? ‘Nuff said. I love to laugh and life is waaaaaay too short to be stoic all the time.
6. I like it spicy. Ha! I see what you did there. Get your mind out of the gutter, I’m talking about my food. I love spicy food! Not like ‘burn your taste buds off’ spicy, but more so ‘bring a tear to your eye’ type heat.
7. I’m not a natural athlete. Sure I run, cycle, do yoga, etc… but don’t put me in a sport where I have to hit, dunk, throw, spike or dribble a ball. Get the point? Now don’t get me wrong, I’ll play them but I make no apologies for my lackluster performance. Hey, I at least provide some comic relief!
Now that you know more about me than you ever wanted to, it’s my turn to share the inspirational love. These blogging ladies inspire me every day in my fitness journey. If I tagged you below, don’t feel like you have to participate. I just want you to know that you inspire me to keep pushing myself.
Carrie from Fitness and Frozen Grapes. She’s a hardcore triathlete in training who makes the idea of swimming/biking/running less crazy.
Megan from #RunMeganRun she’s getting ready to run her first full marathon in Spring 2013!
Darlena from Run Find Your Happy Pace. She’s a military mom spreading fitness inspiration with a Christian twist.
Kate from Run With Kate just finished(and rocked!) her first marathon a few weeks ago.